Happy Weekend

Art

Here’s yesterday’s painting…

Not a joke. More times than any artist cares to admit, paintings just don’t work out. I used to fret over the failures and try to fix them.

I painted the painting above a couple days ago. It was a group of flowers. Somewhere along the way, it took an ugly turn. Today, I attempted to bring it to life. That didn’t work. When I heard the canvas groaning in disgust, I got out the gesso and painted over it. That’s how it works. Tomorrow a fresh start right over the flowers. No sweat. It’s all just part of the process.

Bugsy and Knuckles are hopping today

We’ve missed the Sunday Selfie Blog Hop put on by The Cat On My Head blog for a while. Today we are participating.

Here’s our selfie.

Have a great day!!!

Hugs, Bugsy, Knuckles, and Lou.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Happy Weekend

1. Mags says:

Oh, my! What beautiful cats. Hugs and nose kisses Chancy and Mags

Great selfies, Bugsy and Knuckles!

Well, as art goes, Mom says the boys definitely win this week, especially with those magnificent blue eyes and rapt expressions. We hope attempt #2 at your flowers is a success. So happy to have you hopping with us. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

4. it’s your own “magic eraser” and only another artist “gets it” 🙂

Nice selfie, boys! My human has done the same thing as a writer as you did to that canvas – when a story doesn’t grow wings, she is not afraid to click “select all” and “delete!” then start over.

6. Great to see you all after so long. I think I could do that sort of art, well all black at least, to Mrs H’s attempts at decorating–which are way way from artistic. Great selfies from the team–were they critics too?
    Purrs
    ERin

7. catscue says:

Bugsy and Knuckes you are so handsome today, your expressions are priceless.

8. Timmy Tomcat says:

Well even that failure looks better than Dads successes MOL
    Hey Bugsy, Knuckles, you look super dear friends
    Timmy and Family

9. 15andmeowing says:

You are such cuties.

10. speedyrabbit says:

That’s what mummy says when she does a painting,she hasn’t done any for a while.Great selfies,xx Speedy

11. Marjorie Dawson says:

Heyyyyyyy Great to see you too. Have a good week and

yeah about the picture. I overwork stuff and ’nuff said. It doesn’t work out.

Marjorie and the Dash Kitten Crew