Day 1: September 2018 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Day 12018-08-31-20-48-01

Today’s topic: It’s September 1st and my friend and fellow painter Sheila has talked me into another 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. Today is the start, and here is Day 1
If you haven’t heard about the challenge, several hundred painters from around the world commit to paint and post a painting a day for the month of September.
This year I have chosen the theme of abstract flowers using mixed media of acrylics and mark-making tools, and I will paint on 10″ x 7″ 140-pound watercolor paper, and my intent is to study shapes of flower parts and their surroundings in the process.
Enjoy and check this space for daily paintings for the next 29 days… I’m not shy to say that a painting-a-day is a push, so would be grateful for any words of encouragement you can spare as the month progresses.  And… the challenge is open to all. So, check it out (google : Leslie Saeta) and join in if you like… And, yes, I’m probably crazy to do this… LOL! 🌾🌱🌾😁 Happy Day #1!
(P.S. 😔 posts for the rest of the month will be shorter. This one is long as it’s the intro.)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Day 1: September 2018 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

1. Bernadette says:

I love this one! I’m looking forward to seeing your paintings. I’m totally unprepared even though I knew this was coming.

Thanks, Bernadette. I wasn’t expecting to do it this time either. Sheila texted the other day encouraging me to join her and I couldn’t resist.

2. laurelle cidoncha says:

Well, Lou, I’m glad Sheila convinced you. I gravitated quickly to your wonderful use of color! Welcome to the challenge!

3. The Island Cats says:

Good luck with the challenge. We always enjoy seeing your flower paintings.

I’m looking forward to your paintings! It looks to me like you’ve gotten off to a nice start!

Can’t imagine this challenge as flowers are so intricate, even in the abstract. Next to cats, my favorite contemporary paintings are always flowers, so I’ll be following. Hugs, Janet