Update: Our Life so far in 2017

Just in case you have been wondering why I haven’t posted lately, I decided to give you a little update.

On 2/2/17, I thought I had caught a cold or the flu.

… Went to the doc, rested a few days and hoped for the best.

…Unfortunately, the cough got worse and led to gagging, so I couldn’t eat anything but liquids.

…Long story short, February and March consisted of endless days of sitting on the couch, staring at the walls and medical appointments. It turned out I have GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) rather than a cold or flu.

…With the problem identified, I am feeling better and learning to eat again.

So, unfortunately,  I accomplished nothing during February, March and the first half of April. — and, as you can see from the picture above, Bugsy and Knuckles were more than happy to join me in my inertia…  Now, we are setting about to regain our stamina and to return to our projects

…downsizing

…painting

…writing

And blogging……here we go and here’s to a NEW BEGINNING….

…MORE soon

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Update: Our Life so far in 2017

1. Thank COD you have it under control and hopefully will be able to manage it well. Don’t mean to make light of it, but I started thinking of when cats cough up hairballs!!! Glad to see you back!

Making light of it is the only way to go. One of the cats years ago used to call those occurrences: barfisodes. I think that’s a great term for it. Thanks for stopping by.

2. Bernadette says:

Sorry for the GERD but glad to know you’ll be back in circulation!

3. So glad you are on the mend!

We’re sorry to hear you have been unwell Lou. No doubt Bugsy and Knuckles enjoyed joining you in your inertia. We hope you will soon be feeling much better.
    Love Hannah and Lucy & Mum Sue xx

5. Nancy Toka says:

So glad to hear you are on the road to recovery! Be Blessed!

I’m glad you got the GERD diagnosed, and that you are getting it taken care of – keep on feeling better!

7. 15andmeowing says:

I am sorry you were so sick. I hope you continue to improve.

OMD OMC… we are sooooo sorry about the GERD thingy… We have MISSED YOU ALL…
    Bugsy and Knuckles… we are glad to see that you have been getting a few CAT NAPS.

Wow…we are happy you have a diagnosis and are on the road to recovery. It sounds like you may also have had some of that nasty URI that was going around. It made mom cough so hard, she would gag and throw up. Glad the boys were good nurses for you. Hope you can get into your routine again soon. Sending healing purrs and hugs. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

10. OMC! It sounds like you really have been having a rough time. We’re glad you have it under control now…and are getting back to blogging. Good to see the boys.

I’m glad the all better finally caught up with you!

12. So glad you got it all figured out and are feeling better 🙂 Wonderful picture of the boys!

13. nannanb69 says:

My Daughter and Daughter-in-law both have that.. My daughter thought the doctor was nuts when he prescribed an antacid for her cough, but it worked! I am glad you are doing better!

I know… I thought I had a terrible cold… Was shocked when it turned out to be GERD. Thanks for your comment.

I’m so glad you got that diagnosed, and there is a course of action, Lou. Happy to hear you and the boys are back on track and moving forward. Big hugs!