Getting ready for 30 in 30….

gesso

The boards arrived day before yesterday. I’m getting ready to paint 30 paintings in 30 days starting on Thursday, September 1st…  but first….

…let me tell you about life without a phone. The week started out normal enough. Then Monday night my phone froze… then crashed.  I couldn’t turn it all the way on and could not turn it off.  I fiddled with it and did all that I knew to do and nothing worked to unfreeze it.  I knew I was destined for a trip to Verizon.

I slept little as the phone got hotter and hotter and I expected it to burst into flames at any moment.

Tuesday, I was at Verizon when they opened.  The technician knew immediately that it was toast and ordered a new phone to be sent to me overnight.

So by noon on Wednesday, I was in business– except behind. I was surprised to find out how much I use the phone daily. I think I’ve found another area to minimize somewhat.

So 30 in 30…. Yes, that’s 30 paintings in 30 days. To prepare, I ordered 30  6″ x 6″ x 1.5″ cradled boards for the paintings.  As you can see in the picture above, I’m in the process of putting gesso on the boards.

I’m thinking of putting 30 nails in the wall and hanging up the 30 blank boards — easy-peasy to take one down each day, paint it, and hang it up. Could work and will save me from worrying  about the boys practicing  their paw-painting on them.  It all starts on Thursday…. Hope you’ll follow along.

That’s it for now.  Happy Sunday Selfie Blog Hop to all of you.  Join in by dropping by The Cat on My Head blog.

Here we are in this old pic… HH lost all the pics off her phone except some old ones.  She promises we will have a new pic next week.

BKatWork

Have a great day.

Hugs, Bugsy, Knuckles, and HH (Lou)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Getting ready for 30 in 30….

1. mistletoeandhitch says:

I love the idea of hanging the 30 white boards on 30 nails and painting your way through. Maybe you could take a few pictures as you progress and share them here? I think seeing the wall go from white to full of color and movement from your work would be a work of art in itself. Or it might just be a pain in the butt. Still, it would be interesting to see, either way and you’d avoid those paw prints at the very least. May the September muse be nothing but kind and what you see in your mind flow onto those 30 boards.🎈

I’m looking forward to your new 30 in 30!

3. TEDDY BEAR says:

I love the kitty picture.Hey, how is the Declutter coming along? Looking forward to the pics, keep them coming,neighbor.Hugz,Nancy

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 04:36:48 +0000 To: teddybear4mee@hotmail.com

4. speedyrabbit says:

that sounds a great idea,love the kitty selfie,xx Speedy

5. Handsome selfie, Bugsy and Knuckles!

Such cuties 🙂 I can’t wait to see what you paint.

7. Sorry you lost your pics on the phone 😦 I learned my lesson on that one and try to back up to the computer every week and pray that doesn’t crash! Looking forward to 30/30! Hello boys!

8. mochasmysteriesandmeows says:

Such a precious picture!

Sorry to hear about your phone, Lou, but glad you’re squared away now. Looking forward to seeing your new 30 in 30!

10. A lovely selfie, and so looking forwards to the 30 X 30. purrs ERin

New or old photo, you boys always look good to us. Mom says she likes the idea of hanging all thirty boards on the wall and taking one down to paint each day. Is there a theme for this 30 in 30 or just whatever suits your fancy on any particular day? We are looking forward to following your progress. Thanks for being faithful hoppers. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

12. You guys look cut – the end 🙂 Good luck to Mum with the 30 in 30!

The Dash Kitten Crew