Sunday Selfie and De-stuffing too

Don't fence me in!

Don’t fence me in!

Oh..oh… I almost stalled out on my de-stuffing project. Not in my mind. My mind has made plans daily to de-stuff this area of the condo or that. But, I must admit, it’s been more planning than action lately…

WHY?

Because de-stuffing is messy. The place gets a whole lot worse before there’s any sign of it getting better. You know, I want it all to be de-stuffed in one day. Doesn’t work that way.

So, in case you are secretly de-stuffing right along with me, I thought I’d give you this list of ways to keep your de-stuffing from de-railing… This is my plan to stay on track.

1. Don’t look at the big picture. What you do today is enough.
  2. Keep plenty of bags and boxes ready. Once you make a pile of things that must go, don’t slow down the process by not having any way to carry them out.
  3. Delight in the small victories. Don’t wait until the whole place is de-stuffed before rewarding yourself. Give yourself lots of positive feedback along the way.

That’s it…. just 3 things. I’m trying to keep it simple over here; therefore, the list to keep on track has to be minimal too.   I’m off to de-stuff now, but before I do…

Here’s Bugsy and his latest Selfie. We’re participating in the Sunday Selfie Blog Hop put on by The Cat On My Head blog.  Join in.

Bugsy

Have a great day.

Hugs, HH (Lou), Bugsy and Knuckles

This entry was posted in minimalism and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Sunday Selfie and De-stuffing too

Just do a little often Lou -I it’s better to do that than have a whole pile of things to sort out and then be disheartened before you probably make a start by saying I’ll definitely do it tomorrow and of course it can be weeks before tomorrow arrives!

Bugsy, that is a most terrific selfie!!!

Great selfie Bugsy! My decluttering is on hold until it cools off this Fall.

4. Mom has done some de-stuffing! It really is best to do little steps at a time.

Nice selfie!

The Florida Furkids

5. Bugsy, that is an awesome selfie! Good tips on de-stuffing too. Makes it seem a little less daunting of a task.

6. Great selfie Bugsy, we need to do some de-stuffing here too.

7. I’m an EXPERT in de-stuffing. Do you want me to come help you out? I can rip the stuffing out of a toy in three seconds!

8. Timmy Tomcat says:

That is some good advice. Dad has been starting on the same overstuffed desk drawers for the past year MOL. Nice Selfie too

Nice selfie, Bugsy! And good job by HH, staying on track with the de-stuffing! 🙂

10. Looking good, Bugsy, looking good! Hmm… as to de stuffing stuff, does that include nip mice and the like? I mean a cat needs to know these things… purrs. ERin, (keeper of mice and cream)

Bugsy, you are so handsome.You always make the hearts of the girls at our house go pitter patter. Our mom is really good with planning things in her head but falls down on the follow through. She’s been trying for two weeks to get through one box of “stuff” that has been accumulating more “stuff” since last fall. Good luck to your mom at getting back to the destuffing. Thanks so very much for hopping along with us. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

12. Flynn says:

That is a handsome selfie, Bugsy.

13. What a lovely selfie! xx SoPurrfect Team

14. Nice selfie, Bugsy. We admire HH for staying on track with her de-stuffing project.

Great selfie, Bugsy! And great advice from your human.

16. Kim says:

Great photo! Thanks for the share!

17. Look at those gorgeous eyes!

18. Your selfie is amazing, Bugsy and we like the drawing…always! Good advice for the de-stuffing 🙂 Pawkisses for a Happy Day 🙂 ❤