Girls’ Day Out

Howdy…. yes, I know it’s Thursday. Turning over a new leaf and will surprise you by posting on days other than Sunday…occasionally.

Just a couple of pieces of art news…

Field of Dreams

Field of Dreams

First, I won a Special Recognition Award from the Light, Space and Time Exhibit for  Field of Dreams. They said there were over 800 entries, so I was very pleased to receive a nod.

Second… I painted this little piece of cow whimsy this week… It’s called Girls’ Day Out.  You know it’s always great to have a day out with the girls. These three agree… I was going to add earrings to show their glee, but thought their expressions showed their pleasure just fine.

Girls Day OutSM

6″ by 6″ oil on gessobord…  See more at my Daily Paintworks Gallery

Have a great weekend.

best, Lou

17 Responses to Girls’ Day Out

These three must have been celebrating National Girlfriends Day on Aug. 1st. They really are lovely. Nice to see you on a Thursday! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Lou both paintings are beautiful. I love the field of dreams colors and well Cows are always fun and pretty
    Hugs Madi and mom

Congratulations on your award! And I love your girls painting.

4. TEDDY BEAR says:

Being a farm girl, I LOVE COWS!

Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 19:46:16 +0000 To: teddybear4mee@hotmail.com

They DO look QUITE contented. Love the painting. AND the surprise Post.

6. We like the cows! 🙂

Congratulations on being recognized for that beautiful painting. The cows are cute too 🙂

8. Congrats on your recognition award! We love the girls….they look moooo-valous!

9. Congratulations!!!! Your painting is beautiful!!! I love the “Girls” too! What expressive faces!