Whimsical Wednesday – Kittyscapes

SONY DSCThe KittyScapes started with this painting. I painted it during a workshop I took online with the wonderful Jodi Ohl.

When I posted it on FaceBook, one person asked, “Where are the kitties?” That prompted me to put some in with pen and ink and the idea of KittyScapes was born.

I have painted a whole series of them now. They are full of whimsy with regular visits by kitties, Yellow Bird, and Checkers the Mouse.  Some I paint in acrylics and some I paint in watercolor. The three in this post are not for sale as two have sold and one I gave as a gift. I’ll show you others as I get my new gallery set up.

SONY DSC

This one is 24″ x 24″ and is acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas. I call this one Gone Fishing. The owner of it calls it Pittsburgh.

This KittyScape is called Bliss.  It is watercolor and is approximately 9″ x 12″.

takingawalkSMI do love me some whimsy…. More later.

hugs, HH

This entry was posted in art and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Whimsical Wednesday – Kittyscapes

I love all 3 paintings today but I have to say I love the last one best as the kitties are entwining their tails and sitting on the roof (as my two often do)!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Brilliant colors and of course adorable kitties!

Hugs Madi and mom

4. Whimsy rules. We were just going to say where were the kitties and there they all are. As always nice one. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

You bet whimsy rules… That’s what we’re talking about…. The whole world could use a lot more whimsy….. Thanks for coming by.

Those are some very happy looking neighborhoods!

The last one is my favorite!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Look at the TWINED Tails in the last one… they are all super butt we are partial to the Tails at the end…

8. Y’know, we think we love your kittyscapes the best. The last one is just great!

We love these kittyscapes of yours! SO full of whimsy and fun. 🙂