Day 3 – 30 in 30 Challenge… Naptime

140903naptimeSMNaptime

Today is Day 3 of the Leslie Saeta 30 in 30 painting challenge. If you’d like to follow along or even join (it’s not too late to join) you will see the links to the other artists at Leslie Saeta Blog.

Obviously, my theme is cats…. but I’m using this challenge to refine some of my cat-painting techniques. In this one… I was working on the subtle markings of the fur and sleeping.  Not me sleeping, but the cat…

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

This entry was posted in art and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Day 3 – 30 in 30 Challenge… Naptime

1. Sweet dreams. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

2. Donna Shiver says:

Hey Lou, a friend on Facebook told me about this challenge yesterday. I just posted my first painting here and saw yours as I looked through images. Your cats are so lovely. They hit home with me as we have a older, somewhat lazy black cat named Chaplin. I see him in your work quite frequently. He is the one king in a household that includes two larger dogs. The looks are priceless. 🙂 I look forward to seeing more of your work. Enjoy the day –

Donna Shiver

Donna, Thanks for stopping by. I’m so glad to hear that you’re doing the challenge too. I’ll look forward to seeing your paintings. On my way to look now. Then I have to get busy painting tomorrow’s cat. Best, Lou

3. Boy, that looks — awfully — cozzzzzzy….

Sleeping kitties are so precious…mom wishes she had their ability to sleep so peacefully
    Hugs madi your bfff

Shhhhhhhhhhhh ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, if you ever DO want to work on your sleeping, I’m sure kitties can help you with that! Nice painting – is that a real kitty, or one you dreamed up?

It’s part real kitty and part made up . My first kitty was yellow/orange with these markings, but she was more delicste than this guy. …thanks for comi by by Summer.

7. Very nice! This painting makes us sleepy. 🙂

That is a very cute snoozy!

What a sweet face. Another lovely kitty painting. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

That’s wonderful! And wonderfully snoozy, too. We are inspired. 🙂