59 Words – Painting 22: LINGERING

0022LingeringSMLINGERING

6″ x 6″ pen and ink on clayboard panel

word inspiration submitted by Charlene Wood Delaney (Facebook)   — Thanks so much.

CLICK HERE to purchase this painting

Lingering is another interesting word.  Thanks to Charlene for submitting it.  It could have many meanings, and I’ll leave it up to you to decide for yourself.  Lingering can be good or unpleasant. It can be an emotion, an aroma, a physical sensation or a sound or sight.

What do you think of first when you think of lingering?

Have a great day.

Lou

This entry was posted in art and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to 59 Words – Painting 22: LINGERING

1. Jim says:

Moving!
    I’m moving. I want live right under that tree.
    Somethimes I feel just like that leaf.
    Hanging in – feeling the breeze and the strength of the tree.

Reminds of the beginning of a Rumi poem,
    “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell,
    Don’t go back to sleep.”

2. jaimiengle says:

I love this painting, Lou.

Hi Lou
    What a pretty picture…we have a red bud tree…the leaves on it are heart shaped.

As for lingering the first thing to come to my mind on this 28 degree day is…winter is lingering way to long.
    Hugs to you and the boys
    Cecilia and Madi

4. yeah, winter is “lingering” here

5. We agree that is very pretty. We like just the touch of colour. Have a tremendous Thursday.

What a super tree. We PROMISE not to Pee on it.

Frankie…. I checked with my brother (he’s a biologist) about your comment today. He said “Pee is a great source of nitrogen. Plz tell Frankie to let ‘er rip.” So have at it, pal.

hugs, HH

Looks just right! Have a happy weekend everyone!

WHEW…… Ernie and I appreciate the RELIEF…. Wow… hope we didn’t FLOOD the Roots.

9. This one’s really cool!

10. Sparkle says:

I love this one!

11. Janet Cherry says:

Beautiful. It makes me think of all the people I have loved who are no longer on this earth and linger in my heart.