Sunday Funnies: Double Trouble

DOUBLE TROUBLE

The Adventures of Bugsy and Knuckles

The Backstory

Double Trouble has been simmering on the back burner since the boys (Bugsy and Knuckles) came to live with me. I’ve worked on it on and off but, until recently, have had difficulty deciding on how I wanted to draw the boys. Now, I’m ready.

Things you should know…

Lou (me) = HH to the boys. HH is short for Her Highness. The boys affectionately call me that. It’s a nickname Max gave me years ago.

Max = Max will certainly be mentioned. He’s my heart cat who went to the bridge many years ago. He started the original blog.

Checkers = Checkers the Mouse has interacted with the boys occasionally and will surely come to visit us from time to time in Double Trouble.

Francine = Francine the Mouse is Checkers best friend and is usually around when Checkers shows up.

That’s enough for now… We will add to the backstory when necessary and file it under the Double Trouble tab so anyone can start to follow Double Trouble at any point.

Without further ado, here’s Bugsy (our narrator for today).

Double Trouble…. Introductions…

Bugsy: Welcome to DOUBLE TROUBLE: The Adventures of Bugsy and Knuckles.

Knuckles and I are so happy to have our own day and to be part of the Sunday Funnies.  We’re going to start today by telling you a little about us.  Knuckles was going to help me, but …*surprise…surprise*… he’s off getting into trouble exploring, so I’ll do the honors.

1. I am Bugsy and I am the calm and mellow one…  See here I am being calm and mellow……140321Bugsyc***

2. Now… below is Knuckles.  He is the hyper one…

140321K1b

***

3. And… here I am again.  Need I remind you that I’m the calm and mellow one…?

140321Bugsyc

***

4. Below is Knuckles. He thinks he’s a great explorer, but exploring is really just an excuse to get into everything. He really loves making a mess.

140321K2b

***

5. Despite Knuckles’ antics in the closet… here I am…. still calm and mellow… Maybe I deserve a treat for being such a good boy.

140321Bugsyc

***

6. And below, here’s Knuckles. Once again he is demonstrating how he is prone to running amok.

140321K3a***

So… that’s the start and the introduction  to Double Trouble. We’ll look forward to the weeks to follow when we will tell you our story, our commentary on life as cats, tips on how to get what you want  and insight into what makes HH and others like her tick.

Stay tuned…. it’s gonna be fun.

This entry was posted in The Boys, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Sunday Funnies: Double Trouble

1. Ingrid says:

These drawings are wonderful – the expression on their faces is priceless!

2. BOL BOL funny and brilliant and we so look forward to more Double Trouble.
    Have a serene Sunday and let us all have some big easy today.

3. We’re going to enjoy these cartoons!

4. Zoolatry says:

I think I will allow Maggy to visit ~ but no way will Zoey be permitted to stop by! She is the “other Knuckles” fursure and needs no more lessons, guidance, instruction or whatever on misbehavior, antics, attitude, craziness, hanging off refrigerators … etc. etc…

Adorable!

5. What fun!!! We love these cartoons and remember all of these antics too!!! We’re MOL again @ the refrigerator caper!!

The Florida Furkids

THIS is gonna be a RIOT fur SURE. We live K’s pic with the Hanger… on the tail. BaaaaWaaaah

7. Marg says:

This is just fantastic. Knuckles, you are just too funny and the cartoons are terrific.I am going to enjoy this a lot. Great idea. Take care.

8. Will enjoy following their adventures for sure!

9. super super cute! Should be a blast!

10. Katie Isabella says:

I am so happy that you boys have begun!!

xxoo

11. *MOL*
    LOVE the picture on Knuckle´s hanging in the fridge and freezer door ❤

XOXO

12. I dunno Bugsy. You have a kind of mischievious look on your face. I don’t think you’re as innocent as you claim. I look so forward to the next installment.

13. Sparkle says:

Wow, Knuckles is worse than Binga!

That is fun, fun, fun and you all look terrific as cartoon characters!

Bravo bravo to HH and to Double Trouble for being so willing to create new funnies
    Hugs
    Madi your bfff

Madi Thanks for stopping by and it’s so true. I’m lucky the boys are so creative. They are always more than willing to add to the antics.

16. Roger says:

Very cool! I’m glad the boys have their initials on their collars, that way we can tell who’s really doing the mischief!

Thanks for stopping by, Roger. .Maybe we should switch collars every once in a while to mix everyone up…hee hee.

17. Amok–what a great word! It’s going to be fun seeing the boys through your artistic eyes.

Amok is one of HH’s favorite words. She usually uses it in a sentence with one of our names…..
      Hugs, Bugsy and Knuckles

18. Clooney says:

Woo hoo! Love your beginning…and now we can guess who the fridge culprit was! We look forward to your adventures, boys!

19. prancer pie says:

We’re in LOVE! Can’t wait to see more of Bugsy and Knuckles’ adventures!

20. BOL! MOL! I cannot wait for more Double Trouble. I always knew you were the calm one, Bugsy. Oh, that Knuckles…what will he be in to next?
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

21. tonkstail says:

Faraday: *taking notes* Knuckles, how’d you end up swinging off the fridge again…? That’s a pawesome technique!!