30 Paintings in 30 Days – Day 5 (Left Handed Day) … Connect

0008TILEconnectSM    Connect

acrylics on claybord; 6″ x 6″

click here to purchase this painting

painted left handed in honor of Cindy Michaud’s new shoulder

In case you didn’t read the first blog post of this month, let me explain the left-handedness of this painting.  Friend, Cindy Michaud, has just had surgery on her shoulder, yet she is doing this whole challenge with her non-dominant hand, so I pledged to paint one per week with my left hand (yes, I am right handed).   So this is the first left-handed painting.  WOW… what a challenge…. I had quite a time with the painting moving all over the table….  And couldn’t ensure lines were straight with my less-steady hand etc…

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.. Stop by Cindy’s Blog and see how she’s doing left handed… Her paintings are amazing.

P.S. For those of you asking where the whiskers are.  Tomorrow, the boys will be posting my cat painting for the first week….  They are excited…

This entry was posted in art and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to 30 Paintings in 30 Days – Day 5 (Left Handed Day) … Connect

1. We are so enjoying these, they make us think out of the box. Have a serene Sunday and get some big easy on today.

2. Jim Belcher says:

Your capturing all my favorite words… dream, imagine, create, enough and connect (connection). We are all connected — all species connected.

> jim belcher > cell/txt: 407-376-5428 > jimbelcher350@icloud.com > > “How can we love all the children of all species for all time?” ~Wm McDonough

3. Wow , I understand that it must be furry hard to paint with your left hand if you are right handed !
    XOXO

We think that is darn cool and your left paw looks right to us!

5. Cheri Glover says:

I am SO inspired by you two! I may have to figure out how to paint just so I can try this! I love that you are dedicating one day per week to your lefty. You women who have this courage and adventuresome spirits are my “sure enough heros”! And I love seeing a style with you that is so different from the norm. Way to get outside the box, Lou! Kudos!!

Love the Colors…. butt it makes us think of BASEBALL or CROP CIRCLES

7. Very nice! The mom says you do better with your non dominant hand than she could ever do with her dominant hand!

8. Sparkle says:

This is really great! Here’s something fun: look at it in the mirror – it looks more right-handed! Seriously, it hits your eyes and emotions in a different way than looking at it the way it is.

9. you should take ENORMOUS PRIDE in the fact that this is AMAZING!!!!!! You are just as talented with your left hand my friend!

That’s so cool, Lou. What a challenge it must be to use your left hand for these paintings!

11. msjaries says:

Love the colours you have used and the texture is amazing .