SONY DSCDay 1 – 30 in 30 painting (0001): 6″ by 6″ acrylics on clayboard (mixed media)

To see all the 30 Paintings in 30 Days. Click Here

Happy New Year Everyone….

It’s not only the start of the new year, it’s also the start of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge.  Many of you know that I’ve done this before.  In the past, I’ve painted cats…. my favorite subject. But this time, to give you a little break, I’m going to give include inspirational, mixed media paintings mostly…

Oh… don’t you worry, I’ll throw in a cat or two now and then….

And, a friend of mine, artist Cindy Michaud is doing the challenge too.  Listen to this… This is truly inspiring.  She’s right-hand dominant.. and a couple weeks ago, she had her right shoulder replaced.  Well…. a little thing like that isn’t gonna stop her. Nope… she’s going to paint 30 in 30 with her left hand.  So… my pledge, in the spirit of solidarity, I’m going to paint one painting per week with my left hand as well.  I’ll let you know which one it is.  ….

If you’d like to follow along with the 30 in 30, go to Leslie Saeta’s blog and you’ll find thumbnails to click to the artists’ websites.

For those of you who are more interested in the posts I do on writing or posts by Bugsy and Knuckles, please continue to stop by. Those posts will continue.  I’ll just add the art to them.

Have a great day and I hope 2014 will be your best year yet.

hugs,  Lou

Happy New Year from us too…

BugsyKnuckles

This entry was posted in art, blogging, The Boys and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Happy New Year 2014 — and — Happy Day 1 of the 2014- 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

1. Ingrid says:

Happy New Year to all of you from all of us!

2. Fuzzy Tales says:

Best of luck with your painting challenge!

And a very happy New Year to you–may 2014 bring all that you need and most of what you wish for, and may it be kind and generous in all ways. 🙂

3. We look forward to seeing them. We will love playing spot the cat. Wishing you Lou and your family a very Happy & Prosperous New Year. May all your dreams come true in 2014. Have a wonderful Wednesday and we hope you had a pawsome night.

4. Brian Frum says:

From all our hearts right to your door, we wish you the best for two oh one four!

5. Happy New Year! I love the first 30 in 30 painting!
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.
    Oooooooh this is going to be a super series of paintings… you are off to a beautiful start.. can’t wait for the rest…

We can’t wait to see those paintings.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Happy New Year, dear friends! We hope your 2014 is filled with much joy, laughter and love.

Looking forward to seeing your 30 paintings!

9. Good luck with the challenge, HH! We can’t wait to see your paintings!

And Happy New Year to you, Bugsy and Knuckles! May 2014 be the best year yet!

10. Sparkle says:

Wow, you are even giving yourself two handicaps for this project – the left hand for one painting a week one, and only occasional kitties! What a start to 2014!

11. Happy New Year! We’re looking forward to seeing those paintings.

The Florida Furkids

WOW – I love that featured one. Full of colors I like and a little texture tossed in. You do great work HH. Happy New Year.

13. tonkstail says:

Wishing you all the best in the coming year – may it be filled with fun, catnip, many warm snuggles and loads of happiness!

14. Clooney says:

That is a really cool Challenge for sure and interesting and supportive for you to paint with your left hand. Wishing you HH, Bugsy and Knuckles a very Happy New Year and a 2014 filled with health, joy, love, prosperity, peace and possibility!

xoxo
    Clooney, Neytiri & Karyn

15. janetblue says:

Hi Lou, Mom is anxious to see these next 30 paintings. Nylablue’s mum loved her painting and posted it on her blog: Nylablue and Sherrie-Ellen’s Purrfect Pad. I’ll send you the link to that post. Happy New Year to you and to Bugsy and Knuckles as well. XO, Janet

16. HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! Love seeing what you are up to because it’s always something GOOD!!

17. HAPPY HAPPY New Year to you too !

XOXO