What did we ever do before blogging? Blogs open valuable lines of communication with readers , and a good blog allows you to reach these people faster and easier than past communication systems. Here are some of the reasons you should blog about your book.
1. You’ll be able to announce the launch of your book much quicker and more economically than you would be able to in a paper launch.
2. You don’t want to blog about your book all the time. Your readers will get bored with that and might consider it the hard sell that they don’t like. If you post interesting and valuable articles to your blog a couple of times per week, you’ll keep your readers interested in your writing and they’ll be around when you do have something important to say about your book.
3. Use your blog to ensure your readers are well informed about your topic. There may be other blogs out there who hit on the same topics. You’ll want to be the blog that really keeps them up to the minute. Give them a reason to choose you.
4. It’s never too early to give customer service. If someone comments on a post, respond to them. Let them know that there’s a real person behind that logo on your blog. Through your blog you can increase your customer service in many ways. One way is to ask for input from your readers. Ask them for comments on what you’re blogging about. You can also conduct polls to keep up to date on the needs and wants of your readers.
5. Blog about your book especially when you have something to offer them, such as specials and discounts.
6. Finally, one of the most important reasons to blog at all is to establish a line of communication with your readers and to have that communication be enjoyable for both of you. If you make your blogging into a conversation of sorts, you’ll find that your readers will come back time and again. I firmly believe that it doesn’t matter how eloquent you are. Instead, it matters more if you are connecting with your readers. Enjoy yourself and they will too.
If you have suggestions on how to connect with readers when blogging, please leave a comment.