- choose a profession where success is based on the vacillating preferences of the general public;
- choose a profession where you must isolate yourself in order to create;
- choose a profession where you’re guaranteed to feel the sting of rejection over and over;
- choose a professions that is very difficult, but where everyone you meet tells you, “I’ve been meaning to write a book,” as if there’s nothing to it;
- choose a profession where, at best, few in your immediate circle take you seriously and the rest don’t consider it a profession at all;
- choose a profession where you force yourself to relive every bad event in your life because you can’t keep from writing about them.
So why do we do it…? Because we love it , we have the passion, and we can’t not do it.