BeforeYouWrite.com is a new blog by me, Lou Belcher. It is dedicated to giving beginning and seasoned writers tips on a variety of topics about the process of writing and publishing.
To broaden the discussion. I have decided to open one post per week to guest bloggers.
The qualifications for submissions are:
1. Be a published author.
2. Write an article (no more than 400 words) about writing, marketing or publishing that will provide new and helpful information to others.
3. At the beginning of your article, include a short intro sentence about yourself, such as Lou Belcher is a blogger, freelance writer, editor and artist living in Palm Bay, Florida—a little slice of paradise.
4. Include at the end of the article a short bio and a paragraph about your book (including the name of it and where it can be purchased). Include a link to the purchase site if you actually want someone to buy it. This paragraph is not included in the 400-word count; but if you are not succinct, I will shorten it for you. You may also include a link to your website.
5. Send a jpg of the cover of your most recent book (maximum size 1mb). If you want to send a picture of yourself also, I will be glad to include a small version of it.
1. Please type or paste your article and supplemental paragraphs right into an email. That makes it much easier for me to post.
2. Attach the jpg of the cover (and your picture) to the email.
3. Send the email submission to: Lou@LouBelcher.com
Guest blogs will be posted on Thursdays. I will notify writers when I receive their submission and again when the post is scheduled. I will send the writer a link to the post for writers to send to their email lists. In addition, if you are on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or have a blog, it would be helpful for you to post notices about your guest blog on the day of the posting.
If you have questions, feel free to email me at Lou@LouBelcher.com